FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Simply Addicted Forum Index  Log in  Register
Twilight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simply Addicted Forum Index -> Stephenie Meyer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cos I hate him ... a lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
bagellurve
Asset Patient 001


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5037
Location: drowning in piles of books! x.x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this conversation is ridiculous
two people together doing things isnt wrong
and Edward is not a pervert
end of story
hate him all you want, just for reasons other than his being with Bella (which is not wrong at all)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hate him for other reasons. Very Happy I have lots of reasons. Very Happy Also, I'm sorry to all ... lovers of Edward who I may have ... annoyed, during this ... conversation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
bagellurve
Asset Patient 001


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5037
Location: drowning in piles of books! x.x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont love Edward or anything
i find his perfection annoying myself
but bashing him like that and calling him things that he isn't
well thats just being disrespectful to the narrative and the author
and i know i would hate for someone to call my characters things they weren't
you dont think Vury is a pervert for kissing Ara's neck do you? (in the time she actually existed and they were together or w/e)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my character was on a ... stand-still ... during that time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
bagellurve
Asset Patient 001


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5037
Location: drowning in piles of books! x.x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever, its off topic anyway
the point is that there is a difference between being romantic
and being a pervert
period.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Um, sorry, your the one who ASKED me the question. Shocked

And yes, I don't find Edward's ways of being romantic, romantic. Confused They just aren't, they're gross, and I would freak out if someone did that to me on the first ... date. In a sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Alice
Has Entered a Library


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 570
Location: Sydney.... *sigh*

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have so many twilight quotes in my head that when i was writing my history project i couldn't concentrate!!
_________________
Dreaming a colourful dream.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Author Message
MarsGirl
Simply Addicted


Joined: 09 Apr 2007
Posts: 1402
Location: Here, duh.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ergh. One of the coolest blogging agents likes Twilight. Now I really feel weird for not liking it.

Said agent's Twilight-related post: http://pubrants.blogspot.com/2007/07/tipping-point.html
_________________


www.edgyauthor.com
http://besidenormal.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Alice
Has Entered a Library


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 570
Location: Sydney.... *sigh*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should Twilight was best written book!!
_________________
Dreaming a colourful dream.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm making my mom read Twilight...but for some reason I don't think she will like it. I can't exactly put my finger on why though...

I just don't think she'd get as...'into it' as everyone else does. She likes a lot of the same books that I do, I just don't think this will be one of them. I want to run in the other room and snatch it away from her and yell "NOOOO i take it back don't ruin this for me!" because I feel like if she doesn't like it, I'll feel really stupid for making her read it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened with my friend. She HATED Twilight with a vengeance and I was so confused for a while there. This was during the 'Ammy can see nothing else other than Twilight' phase after I read it, and I just couldn't understand how you could not love the book.

When the initial hysteria wore off a little, I became level-minded though. Hehe. And now I don't mind the fact that she doesn't like it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Alice
Has Entered a Library


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 570
Location: Sydney.... *sigh*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mum read it (like everything else) she finds something with a bookmark in it to show that i'm in the middle of it and she takes and reads it it is ssssssoooooo annoying (even more than Jacob!!!)
_________________
Dreaming a colourful dream.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Author Message
xxlostgripxx
Loup-Garoux


Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Posts: 62
Location: memphis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God so youve all prob heard this before but i just heard it today!!

Incubus
"Earth To Bella, Pt. 1"

Earth to Bella,
You think you've got it all figured in,
Earth to Bella,
Everything you know is wrong. Well, almost
Earth to Bella,
I've seen when you are not listening
I bear the burden
Of being the voice that lets you know
We all grow old,
And before you swim you gotta be ok to sink.
Earth to Bella,
The world can be an unfriendly place.
SO hold your head up
And do your best to save some face.
It's not so hard...
Just undo yourself and see a
Second sun ascend.
I'm ok to sink
ok to sink
Im ok to sink
ok to sink.

Incubus
"Earth To Bella, Pt. 2"

Earth to Bella
This is a quiet emergency
Earth to Bella
There's so much more to get then wronged
Earth to Bella
You're treading water successfully
But are you really?
Don't you want to see the deep?
It's not so hard
Just forgive yourself and feel the water open in



eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.i know it has nothing to do with twilight but Oh my God it seems to fit soooooo well
_________________


"Sorry i called you a hypocrite" he apologized "Sorry i called you a murderer" - Bella and Jacob
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
Lil
Weasley Groupie


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3392
Location: flying around the globe with Ash...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God!!!

I heard that song for the first time last week and was all "WOAH!" but I forgot to come on here!!
Yeah, we are probably the last people to have found that song..

Hehe, oh well.

Its still awesome for us.

And we are all that matters.

Smile

No offence guys. Hehe.
_________________

Ammy wrote:
It's alright, though, because I have bigger things to worry about than a middle aged man calling himself "Lil" ...Like TMNBs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just think it's funny that my GRANDMA loves Twilight. her and my mom are reading them quite excitedly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
Alice
Has Entered a Library


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 570
Location: Sydney.... *sigh*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha my mum likes them and says they are addictive but isn't that keen on them and my grandmother if she ever picked one up would think it was absolute rubbish and thinks i am wasting my time
_________________
Dreaming a colourful dream.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm re-reading Twilight, and I'm actually getting annoyed with how Bella and Edward's relationship began. Mostly at Edward, not so much Bella. I mean, how could he not have known that it would be better just to tell her everything? How could Alice not have known that?

I mean, seriously. Edward found her irresistable. He didn't want to change her, but there was no way he could be so magnetically drawn to her, and yet keep her from the truth.

And gosh was Jacob young. It kind of makes me sad to think of how messed up his life got from the time he met Bella on. She ruined his life.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confession: I tried reading Twilight again a few weeks ago and I couldn't. It actually got to the stage where the story annoyed me whereas I'd loved it only months ago.

That's not to say I don't like the series. New Moon's my favourite and I could read it over and over. I think that a small part of the problem may be that I personally cannot... it's hard to explain this... do things that are old? Ugh. That makes no sense, and it's not what I'm trying to say. But Twilight is so far off from the reality that Eclipse is that I feel weird when I try to read it again, because so much more has happened since then.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be good for me to read Twilight again. I'm not even going to try.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like certain parts of Twilight, but just...ugh.

I'm the exact same way about New Moon. It's just so...gritty.

and Eclipse is more raw, more grown up. I like that.

Twilight will always hold a special place in my heart though, haha.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
Alice
Has Entered a Library


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 570
Location: Sydney.... *sigh*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know what you mean Ammy, i have them all sitting next to my be but eclipsde is the only one that i ever pick up
_________________
Dreaming a colourful dream.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Author Message
MarsGirl
Simply Addicted


Joined: 09 Apr 2007
Posts: 1402
Location: Here, duh.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my mom came home from the bookstore today, she said that they had several stacked copies of "the books I hate" next to the bookshelves. Heh. They never seem to have enough shelf space for her books here...
_________________


www.edgyauthor.com
http://besidenormal.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
faye
Reading? Is that a word?


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 20
Location: everywhere I want to be

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i remember the first time i read twilight.....i was doing idle book shopping and i read the first page, and just didn't stop.
After that i forced my friends to read it and they're all obsessed with it, and its really strange 'because four of my friends who hate reading read it and they got obsessed.
It's gotten to the point where i own 3 copies of it, and i still never see it 'because people are always borrowing it...(and i have 3 because i kept thinking i lost them and like a week later one of my friends would pop up and hand it to me like "hey i stole your book have it back now i got my own" It's horrible)
But worth it.....SOOOOO worth it
_________________
"You make me feel like a villain in a melodrama, twirling my mustache as I plot to steal some poor girls virtue."-Eclipse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a weird Twilight moment today.

Today was just depressing and upsetting like no other, and when it was all said and done we decided to get Italian for a late dinner.

I'm in the middle of my dinner when my mom goes: "Ash, you're eating like Bella."

I just go "huh?"

reply: "Mushroom Ravioli and a Coke."

my thoughts: Mom, you are a HUGE dork.
answer: "Oh, cool."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahaha, oh god, that's hilarious.
Your mum cracks me up.
And that was the perfect response. "Oh, cool."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Lil
Weasley Groupie


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3392
Location: flying around the globe with Ash...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahaah... Awww thats awesome!!!!
_________________

Ammy wrote:
It's alright, though, because I have bigger things to worry about than a middle aged man calling himself "Lil" ...Like TMNBs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
MarsGirl
Simply Addicted


Joined: 09 Apr 2007
Posts: 1402
Location: Here, duh.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://headtripcomics.comicgenesis.com/d/20080505.html

I stumbled upon this link today in someone's blog and almost died laughing. It's an anti-Twilight comic, so beware, haha.
_________________


www.edgyauthor.com
http://besidenormal.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha! I loved it!

she's hysterical.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm completely open to anti-Twilight comics! hahaha, this one is great.
I eally love the frame with the rainbow. hehehe
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
bagellurve
Asset Patient 001


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5037
Location: drowning in piles of books! x.x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shit i love this XD
sorry for the harsh language
but its just THAT good

i am posting this on my LJ cause I have a lot of Twilight fans on there

ps. i agree with the lack of chemistry - they just kind of fall in love for no reason, lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha I agree about the rainbow panel. Definitely awesome. Just the look on their faces...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
MarsGirl
Simply Addicted


Joined: 09 Apr 2007
Posts: 1402
Location: Here, duh.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I love most about the rainbow panel is how there's this random pink puppy at Bella's heel. I also love the last panel, just because that's basically how I am whenever I walk into a Twilight-infested bookstore, hehe. *stop watching me, Twilight*
_________________


www.edgyauthor.com
http://besidenormal.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weird thing about me is that even though all this stuff amuses me, I DO still like Twilight.

Part of the problem is the series popularity - people began analyzing nuances and details that aren't really there - things Stephenie may have egotistically tried to add in the next books, but that just aren't there in the original.

Basically, I still like it because I just don't think about it. It's a book, not a life. I enjoy the story (mostly for the supporting cast, true) and I like her vampires and their little world (I think the Volturri is so cool...like vampire assassins! imagine how much they would get paid!). And while I will join the Edward v. Jacob debate with delight - I really don't care about the outcome. And I'm tired of defending Bella as a good heroine because sure, she is crap, but aren't most people? How many Max Rides and Thursday Nexts and Ginny Weasleys do you think are out there? Are you one? Because in the face of certain death, I think we're all a lot less brave than we think we would be - and Bella has a super strong practically indestructable boyfriend to hide behind. That sounds like a realistic reaction to me. And she definitely has a misguided sense of self-sacrifice, but I can't say Stephenie wrote a smart heroine, just a borderline real one.

And now I'm thinking about it again, so this is where my rant ends. I hope I didn't offend anyone, it wasn't my intention. I guess I'm just...tired of arguing about Twilight. It seems like I get it everywhere I turn. The stupid people that think its real and Edward v Jacob is life or death, and then the people who dislike it for reasons that are nowhere near as legitimate as Heather's (which as far as I remember were because it's just not your usual type of book and you just didn't find it interesting).

The fact that Twilight is taking over the world is finally getting to me *twitches*
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
bagellurve
Asset Patient 001


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5037
Location: drowning in piles of books! x.x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well personally i just like the debate, because the series isnt finished yet

and even though i dislike Bella and Edward I still love certain aspects of the series
Jacob and the way that the werewolf pack works being the most pronounced

as far as my being intense about the series: the only thing i really want is for Bella to somehow NOT become a vampire
thats all i ask honestly, lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
MarsGirl
Simply Addicted


Joined: 09 Apr 2007
Posts: 1402
Location: Here, duh.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not one of those people who passionately hate Twilight (I've read MUCH worse books), but some people seem to think I do. Mainly because I'm so perplexed by its popularity and get twitchy when I see 200 copies of it in a bookstore but none of the books I want to buy. (Yeah, I counted 'em one day.) To me, it's just meh, with slightly more meh-ish dislike because of Edward and the overwhelming romance. (I like romance, just not "we're soul-mates! squee! foreverness!" romance.)

But...

Like Ash said, the world is interesting, which makes me curious to read the later books to see its further development. And I *did* like Bella at first, even though she started making me roll my eyes with her exploding Edward obsession (and the fact that she's so eager to become a vampire). It was not only the first book SM published, if I remember correctly, but the first book she ever completely wrote, so while that doesn't make me like Twilight, it leaves me open-minded to her other books, since writers tend to grow the more they write.

And hey, Charlie and Jacob are awesome.

Yes, Charlie was my fave from Twilight. Yes, better than Jacob. Yes, I'm weird.
_________________


www.edgyauthor.com
http://besidenormal.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just imagined an anime-girl going "we're soul mates! foreverness!" and it was hilarious.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarsGirl wrote:

And hey, Charlie and Jacob are awesome.

Yes, Charlie was my fave from Twilight. Yes, better than Jacob. Yes, I'm weird.


Charlie's crap in Eclipse. He has some disturbing lines/scenes. Jacob has a character-change, SM expects everyone to love him. His embrace with Bella towards the end is excruciating.

And why is Ginny in there with Max and Thursday? Hermione would be a better choice - but I disagree, most people have ambitions, lives, feelings - Bella is the saddest character (or one of them) I have ever read.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feellikethenight wrote:
The weird thing about me is that even though all this stuff amuses me, I DO still like Twilight.

Part of the problem is the series popularity - people began analyzing nuances and details that aren't really there - things Stephenie may have egotistically tried to add in the next books, but that just aren't there in the original.

Basically, I still like it because I just don't think about it. It's a book, not a life. I enjoy the story (mostly for the supporting cast, true) and I like her vampires and their little world (I think the Volturri is so cool...like vampire assassins! imagine how much they would get paid!). And while I will join the Edward v. Jacob debate with delight - I really don't care about the outcome. And I'm tired of defending Bella as a good heroine because sure, she is crap, but aren't most people? How many Max Rides and Thursday Nexts and Ginny Weasleys do you think are out there? Are you one? Because in the face of certain death, I think we're all a lot less brave than we think we would be - and Bella has a super strong practically indestructable boyfriend to hide behind. That sounds like a realistic reaction to me. And she definitely has a misguided sense of self-sacrifice, but I can't say Stephenie wrote a smart heroine, just a borderline real one.

And now I'm thinking about it again, so this is where my rant ends. I hope I didn't offend anyone, it wasn't my intention. I guess I'm just...tired of arguing about Twilight. It seems like I get it everywhere I turn. The stupid people that think its real and Edward v Jacob is life or death, and then the people who dislike it for reasons that are nowhere near as legitimate as Heather's (which as far as I remember were because it's just not your usual type of book and you just didn't find it interesting).

The fact that Twilight is taking over the world is finally getting to me *twitches*


You know, when I saw the debate that was re-igniting, I was about to write (or more likely, REPEAT, because it happens so often) what my own opinion is. But then I read your post, and it was like you'd set up camp in my mind.

Agree with everything you say. Every. Little. Thing.
The sentence/s that probably struck the biggest chords with me is:

Quote:
Basically, I still like it because I just don't think about it.


And what you said about defending Bella.
That is all. *exits*
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
bagellurve
Asset Patient 001


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5037
Location: drowning in piles of books! x.x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*feels stupid for even discussing it now*

*goes off and hides under a rift in cyberspace so that you cant see her*
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're able to discuss how hot Edward is, what a nice girl Bella is, how much you want to marry Jacob Black and go completely insane in the Jacob vs. Edward posts... then I don't see why it's a bad thing to discuss how much you don't like these characters?

Plus; falling in love with something/someone (in all your cases: Edward, Jacob, etc.) counts as "thinking about it". Like Ash, I'm not trying to insult anyone or anything, but it's sort of annoying going into a site like IMDB and instantly seeing threads like:

Edward?
Possable Bella?
TWU LUV = Twilight
oooh edward!!!!
put him in twilight!
waaaay bettr than kristn "the man" stwart

EDIT: Sorry, I just realise I continued on a dead argument.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People love it, are obsessive over it, and that's a fact that cannot be ignored - there is something weirdly magnetic about it. Analyze it, and it stops making sense. Don't analyze it, and just enjoy the ride.

I agree that it is EXTREMELY annoying, but that's for me because people are telling me to read a book I read almost 2 years ago. I'm kinda already "over" Twilight. I'll read Breaking Dawn eventually because I want to know how it ends - especially for the characters I do really care about, like Jacob.

I think the obsession is just something everyone is going to have to put up with, because it isn't going anywhere.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing magnetic about the book. The whole phenomenon started because of one character: Edward Cullen. Without Edward, this would have flunked. The book itself is badly-written and formulaic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Lil
Weasley Groupie


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3392
Location: flying around the globe with Ash...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe.. That comic was brilliant. I love Head Trip. Heh.

This reminds me of when I was in Borders the other day. I was lining up to pick up a book I ordered (the last book in The Dreaming manga series actually.. did you ever read that Heather? the last one, I mean.. your review is why I got it! hehe). So I'm standing there, wondering about what happens in this book, when I can't help but overhear the two people in front of me.

Just to set up the scene:
Girl with 'cool' backpack and 'grunge-esque' clothes and chucks holding Twilight.
Guy with slicked up hair (lots of product), shiny stripy shirt and bling-esque necklace.
Both around the 14/15 year old mark.

Sorry if that offends people or whatever, but I tend to make instant judgements. I can't help it, okay?! At least I don't voice them! Usually.. Or when I'm alone, anyway. Plus, she was talking in a squealy fan-girly voice that annoyed me. So I was allowed to not like her. Anyway...

*Smells Like Teen Spirit starts playing*
Girl: Oh my god I love this song.
Guy: Really? *slightly disgusted*
Girl: What, you DON'T?! *look on face like guy was a peadophile or something*
Guy: Yeh. Never really got into it, ya know?
Girl: But, like, what happened to "I can appreciate all good music"?
Guy: Well, I can. Just not this. GOOD music, I said.
Lil at this point: *trying extremely hard not to laugh*
Girl: Oh my god. That is like.. yeh. Wow.
Guy: They just didn't do anything for me.
Lil at this point: *has just spotted Twilight under the girl's arm. Insides start trying to burst through bellybutton due to holding in laughter*
Girl: Well you should to listen to them or something... *looks at huge Twilight/Breaking Dawn/ SM murial in the middle of store* Oh my god, I can't wait until August.
Guy: ... Why?
Girl: *utter disbelief* Breaking Dawn!! Duh..

Then they were served next and I was allowed to go on living once more.. I just found that entire conversation / scene so freaking hilarious. Also, so incredibly fitting for a new Twilight fan. (I just say that to refer to.. well, the obsessive squealy types). Anyway, yeh. We have officially caught the Twilight bug. And I laugh and the markups of the book prices. I got Twilight for 15 bucks. Now its all "On special for $21.95! RRP: $30.00!" Heh, bullshit.


Well, that was my ten cents.
_________________

Ammy wrote:
It's alright, though, because I have bigger things to worry about than a middle aged man calling himself "Lil" ...Like TMNBs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
MarsGirl
Simply Addicted


Joined: 09 Apr 2007
Posts: 1402
Location: Here, duh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've read the rest of The Dreaming series? Gah. I haven't been able to find the sequels anywhere! Glad to see my review brainwashed -- I mean, made you want to check it out. ^^

Anyway. That conversation's hilarious! Bookstores are the best place to overhear craziness like that. Probably because readers are crazy. Especially obsessive Twilight fangirls, haha.
_________________


www.edgyauthor.com
http://besidenormal.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Lil
Weasley Groupie


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3392
Location: flying around the globe with Ash...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!! I found the first and second together and was happy. I couldn't find the third anywhere, though. I looked for ages and in the end ordered it through Borders. Eeee it makes me so happy. Also kinda scared and creeped out. The ending was totally NOT what I was expecting.. It was brilliant nonetheless. Uber creepy. For me, anyway.

You must find them!! I really love M... Mee.. Me.. Well, whatever her first name is Chan. Her drawings are always so detailed and the plot and storyline and.. Uh. Brilliance. Its one of the few books (or mangas) that is set in Australia that I like. Hehe.

She was in my local Borders not long ago. I was so excited and pumped, but I had to miss it. So bummed when I found that out. I was all prepared to squee and make her sign my three and be all "yeh thats right bitches, i got all three AND signed!" Apparently, according to the borders lady, the third one is really hard to find and come by. It took over a month for it to come in when I ordered it. Haha.
_________________

Ammy wrote:
It's alright, though, because I have bigger things to worry about than a middle aged man calling himself "Lil" ...Like TMNBs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
MarsGirl
Simply Addicted


Joined: 09 Apr 2007
Posts: 1402
Location: Here, duh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is that for the longest time, all I could find in stores was the third one. I wasn't going to buy it until I found the second! ... Except now the third one is MIA, too, leaving me Dreaming-less. (I don't even have the first one yet because I checked it out from the library. It's driving me crazy because I want to re-read it, heh.)

Wait. This is the Twilight thread, isn't it? Um.

Twilight
La-la-la-la-la
Causes boys and girls to fight
La-la-la-la-la
Because one side refuses to be Edwardfied
La-la-la-la-la
Making the others bite
La-la-la-la-la
_________________


www.edgyauthor.com
http://besidenormal.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE The Dreaming. I've only read books one and two.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Suz
The All Powerful Ruler


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 3409
Location: Canada - Flatland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if you check out stepheniemeyer.com today's update is a list of links to some recent articles/videos.

I haven't had the time to read them yet so i don't know if they are really worth the time reading but check them out if you so wish.
_________________

"That ain't no etch-a-sketch. That's one doodle that can't be un-did, homeskillet."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need everyone to take a step back from their BD-hatred and help me out for a little bit.

I have basically two days to do this project thing that I decided awhile back was going to center around Twilight...and I need favorite quotes from the series. It can be the romancy stuff, the awesome Jacoby sarcasm, whatever, just post them and help me! because you all love ME, even if you're mad at SM. haha.

pwease? Crying or Very sad post some quotes!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simply Addicted Forum Index -> Stephenie Meyer All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 :: 
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign