FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Simply Addicted Forum Index  Log in  Register
Kristen Stewart is Bella!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simply Addicted Forum Index -> Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Kristen Stewart is Bella! Reply with quote

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/news.html
Discuss!

As I was saying in the other thread, this is like FATE!
It has honestly never crossed my mind that Kristen play Bella, but she's an amazing actress and, like Stephenie said, she has BROWN HAIR.
She's the right age!

She doesn't look exactly like my Bella, but she fits a loose general picture.
I'm so happy with that.
It's going to take me days to get over the shock this has given me.
...She can act!

Excitement excitement excitement.
I was looking around on the lexicon and most people don't actually know who Kristen Stewart is.
Hehe. Cool


Meg, are you involved?
I wouldn't be surprised.
Shocked
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!!!!!!!! PERFECTION!!!!!

i'm relieved, honestly. now at least i can trust some of the acting!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
Lil
Weasley Groupie


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3392
Location: flying around the globe with Ash...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

That is AWESOME!!!!

Fuck, that is great.

Doesn't matter that she is Tally in my mind, she is now Bella.

.. Kind of.

OMGOMGOMGOMG

Who's gonna be Edward?

More importantly, Jacob??
Hehehe, no i'm kidding.
Not *more* importantly.
Equal.
Ewww he is gonna be all young-looking.
Sigh.
_________________

Ammy wrote:
It's alright, though, because I have bigger things to worry about than a middle aged man calling himself "Lil" ...Like TMNBs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
bagellurve
Asset Patient 001


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5037
Location: drowning in piles of books! x.x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

*does a happy dance*
Kristen Stewart! Yayness!
Woot woot woot
The world is made of awesome and Kristen is made of win

But yeah, now she is Tally, Jace, Melinda (Speak), and now Bella in my mind
very versitle and wonderful ^.^

and Ammy, i would answer your question about if im involved or not
>.>
<.<
but then i would have to kill you
Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XDD

I'm so excited. I literally cannot wait until the movie comes out.
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is nore going to be impossible for me to dislike Bella's character.
Kristen will just give a winning performance!!! Instant Bella-liking.

I'm just so thrilled that the movie looks promising.
Stephenie said it'll stick close to the books.
And now Kristen is in it.
The world is so great.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
bagellurve
Asset Patient 001


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5037
Location: drowning in piles of books! x.x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if only we knew who Edward was going to be
Life would be a lot nicer ^.-

Not so excited about Jacob Black personally
I think they should just remove him from the first
Not really worth it
They could completely introduce him in New Moon
*shrug*
I know it's like blasphemy to say such a thing being an avid reader of the books
But thats just how i feel a movie translation would work easier
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Lil
Weasley Groupie


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3392
Location: flying around the globe with Ash...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How blasphemic of you, Meg.


Hehehehe i love that word so much, yet I rarely get to use it.
Sigh.

Hmm, I see your point... But I still think they should stick to the books.
Jacob and Edward both in Twilight.
_________________

Ammy wrote:
It's alright, though, because I have bigger things to worry about than a middle aged man calling himself "Lil" ...Like TMNBs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would completely be in favour of that, actually, but if they're going to be sticking by the book's storyline, then I think they'd have to bring in Jacob (*fangirl sigh*) for the purpose of telling Bella about the "Cold Ones".

Damn. I hate that he has a "purpose".
His only purpose should be to get some lovin'

Preferably from an SAer or myself. hehe
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
bagellurve
Asset Patient 001


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5037
Location: drowning in piles of books! x.x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there is no way the writers are getting much leway with this
the Twilight series fans are pretty hardcore
Not as hardcore as the Anne Rice or (dare i speak their names) J.K.Rowling's fans

But yeah, they would get lots of hate mail and maybe there would be a smoke bomb or two if they messed something up even the slightest

THEY BETTER GET THE CARS RIGHT!
...that is all i will mention about the cars

but on topic: Kristen Stewart is gonna be odd as Jace now since she is not a fully developed character and I will just see her as Bella (like I was once blocked thinking of her as Tally) :/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Lil
Weasley Groupie


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3392
Location: flying around the globe with Ash...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yeah, true. I didn't think of that! NOOO!!

Fully develop Jace! NOW!

Ahh!!

Haha and yeah, Twilight fans are pretttty hardcore.
Harry Potter, I mean I get angsty when they leave stuff out, but you can see why. Those books are just so jam-packed with so much stuff, and the movies can't be too long as they are aiming them at younger audiences as well.. So I get that.

But Twilight doesn't really have that much, if you know what I mean.
Its all pretty much basic, so if they did mess it up, they wouldn't really have much reason to. Thus, fans turn into murders and.. No more Twilight movies. Hahaha.
_________________

Ammy wrote:
It's alright, though, because I have bigger things to worry about than a middle aged man calling himself "Lil" ...Like TMNBs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, all Harry Potter script writers get sent into witness protection the day the film comes out.
Didn't you know?

And if they can't get something simple like the freaking CARS right, then I'm coming for them. I like hot cars. They better get 'em.

I don't think my mind has allowed me to fully imagine Kristen as Bella yet.
Now would be the opportunity to strike with a fully formed Jace!
Yeah, that's my attempt at getting an RTV2 post out of you, Meg.

Oh my God!
I just visualised Kristen as Bella... like in the actual movie.
For some reason, she'd leaning against a car, but... ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks AWESOME in my mind.
*dies*
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
bagellurve
Asset Patient 001


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5037
Location: drowning in piles of books! x.x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will have to contemplate the whole Jace-thing after Lil makes our plan out in the open by someone informing Chia of what is going to happen
then I will have something to work

ps. Lil you can have Laryx smile as Chia finds out
it is like a twisted gift in a way, lol

pss. i still cant see her as Bella either
i better work fast before the fanart leaks out, lol XD
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all this secretive business is only bringing me closer to combusting.
just so you know.

what does chia find out!?
*hacks into your brain and looks for RTV2 secrets*

And on the topic of Kristen as Bella...
Am I weird/possessive for dreading the soon-to-be fact that people will be all "LOL kristin stewart is a amaizing actres she iz bella LOL" now?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Lil
Weasley Groupie


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3392
Location: flying around the globe with Ash...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I am dreading, also.
Ew.
Ew.
Ah.
Die.

Hehe.

Also, I have aparty tonight! (Well, now) So I can't post!!
And I have my cousin's birthday tomorrow!
So my next posting is gonna be on Monday.
Sorrry!!
But you can do a Laryx one if you want, Meg.
I'm cool, you rock at Chia-ness.
Hehehe.
_________________

Ammy wrote:
It's alright, though, because I have bigger things to worry about than a middle aged man calling himself "Lil" ...Like TMNBs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
bagellurve
Asset Patient 001


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5037
Location: drowning in piles of books! x.x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the people that i pick for my charries have a tendency to do that
now Penn is everywhere after Gossip Girl and its all:

"oMFg soOo hAwT! xoxoxox

and it makes me kind of oddly possessive
i dont want him to turn into Orlando Bloom
who was literally unknown before LOTR and then BOOM!
the Bloom went Boom :/

but yeah
i totally understand
*nodnod*
totally a fangirl normalcy I suppose ^-^
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hence the existence of the Fan Girl Mafia. we shoot down the unworthy...those who just judge by looks and not by skills.

I think our completely unrelated characters suddenly work together, or are spotted together. we're psychic. hollywood secretly scopes us for the future of the industry. we're their best judges.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heck yeah. we rock and they KNOW IT.
*eye twitch*

so at least my possessive tendencies aren't considered odd
i fear i may be a dying breed
everyone is usually, "sharing is caring!"
no, damn you. i only share with the righteous

buuuut Oh my God! kristin stewert is lyk da best! if i where gay id luv her
bella swann is goin 2 b playd by kristin
edward is so hawt i hope henry cavel plays him lol
wat? stephanie sed no? since wen?
fine i lyk gaspar looool he rox my sox
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please, please, no more. your net speak makes my innards cringe. more so because it's inevitable.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Even though Kristen is too "sport-like" and "cool" in my opinion for Bella, I reckon she could pull it off, perhaps.

Emily Browning would just be way too unconvincing. I mean, seeing her look in the mirror and go all, "How can he love me? I'm so ugly," would just make the audience laugh, because she is a beauty.

Kristen is good.

EDIT: Whoa. A whole lot of "Twilight" or rather, "Bella" fans have gone and begun a huge rampage about Kristen being Bella.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait... WHERE?!? Evil or Very Mad Damn them. She's a great actress.
It can't be at the lexicon, though, because they've become very strict about people bashing characters in the books and cast members.

I don't think that Kristen Stewart has a very conventional beauty about her.
Actually, a lot of girls seem to be infatuated with her on the imdb boards. hehe
To quote someone:
Quote:
She's just different from other pretty girls. She doesn't have a high or perky voice, but kind of low and serious, she seems really intelligent and kind of tomboyish, her eyes are truly dark and mysterious, she rarely smiles or wears a lot of makeup...She just makes me want to keep staring at her. She's unlike any other girl I've ever seen before.


What they say is true. I love that her voice is different, and that she doesn't feel the need to lay on the make up.



Edit: A little note from Alphie:

Quote:
Yes, they should. I'm expecting things to be announced very quickly. I want to publicly state that I do not know who has been cast in ANYTHING, but I do get the occasional heads up. I think we should brace ourselves for a series of casting announcements very soon.


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So. Excited.


...Edit 2: hehe
I'm really happy to know that Kristen tried out for this role because she genuinely wanted to. Felt compelled to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itN4kMSDd0g

Watch it from 3:30 onwards. I was smiling really hard at that point, because it essentially gave me the insight into knowing that she chose Twilight for a "reason" and because she feels she can do it well.

Score 1 one for the Twilight fans!

I'm willing to bet that she reads the book, like she did with Into The Wild.
_________________


Last edited by Ammy on Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Kristen Stewart a lesbian?

Anyway, I do reckon she's pretty, but it's more conventional than unconventional. She's just really sporty and has this athletic thing about her, and she's referred to "Kristen the man Stewart" probably because of that. She looks stunning in that interview by the way.

And she probably read Twilight. ALSO, isn't it so cool the way she goes deep into not only her own character, but the other characters as well, and even the story? You could tell by that interview that she really thought into it.

But no, I definitely think Kristen Stewart is a conventional beauty. She even made some conventional beauty list...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think she's a lesbian. The only thing she's ever said that she doesn't really date. Either way, it doesn't matter to me. Her orientation doesn't affect her acting. hehe

I'm still not too convinced on the conventional beauty. The sporty look and alto voice give her a more down-to-earth feel, and she's more of a modern actress in my mind. The description Stephenie has given of Bella seems a lot more conventional to me. Heart-shaped face, full lips, long hair (not that Kristen's isn't long)... and there's that element of being the damsel in distress sometimes. That seems more conventional to me, and looking back on many older movies and books, that has prevailed.

But yeah. I completely agree that she looks gorgeous. She always does. teehee

As for the in depth discussion of the characters, I know!!! That's what makes me so excited that SHE will be playing Bella. She actually puts effort into understanding characters and forming her own opinions of them. It's so important that actors playing book-to-screen characters read the book, because then they can present a more whole view of the character. Kristen is really into reading and writing, so I'm pretty much sure that she'll read the book.

I'm amazed that some Twilight fans have watched Speak and from this, they've drawn the conclusion that she can't act.
WTF???
She was 13 or 14 when she acted in that movie, and she was amazing. No need to mention her age, actually, because if she'd been 20, I still would have been in awe. If that had been the only movie I'd watched of hers, I'd be screaming in excitement and telling the whole world I couldn't wait until Twilight came out, because she would rock. The end.

Yeah.
Just really excited that Summit is looking to make a serious movie.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I actually reckon Kristen was awful in Speak. Speak was one of her worst movies, and she was dull in In The Land of Women. Panic Room is another of my favourite acts of hers, and she shined against Jodie Foster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually quite like this fan-made trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ltZOa33oYQ

I've considered Tom Sturridge for Edward before and thought he's an alright choice, but I actually quite like him now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a really good trailer, but I'm not a fan of that particular Edward. His hair isn't bronzy, and that's really my only Edwardly need for whoever they cast.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I know! That was what I didn't particularly like when I first saw him (and the fact that he looks a bit odd in a lot of his photos).

I mean... there is dye, but I'd rather a natural look. If he was chosen, though, I don't think I'd launch a giant hate campaign against him. He's a much better choice than other possible actors.

I'm feeling really anxious about the casting of Edward! It's this nervous feeling in my stomach and it won't go away. I don't even know exactly what I'm afraid of.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel. It's there when I talk/think about it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen the Twilight fanboards? Basically all the stupid fangirls obsessed in the books are bashing Kristin, apparently now she is a "horse face", a "man", a "bitch/slut/whore", "Paris Hilton would be a better Bella" and "looks like some man from the jungle." Woah, these fangirls are crazy too, posting every four minutes about how bad they consider Kristin to be, how her face is all wrong and how she is a terrible actor (which obviously isnt' true). I feel sorry for Kristin now, whatever she does, the fangirls will exude hatred upon her and she'll be known as "the girl who ruined Twilight" and "the bad Bella" for the rest of her career. These fangirls won't be happy unless it's them playing Bella and if Edward was real!

EDIT: Apparently Emily didn't want to play Bella so the role went straight to Kristen. I agree with Emily, I wouldn't want to play a role like that either. She's off to bigger and better things!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
bagellurve
Asset Patient 001


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5037
Location: drowning in piles of books! x.x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that makes me so mad >.<
I love Kristen
and those fangirls need to be...I dont know
Sent to a bad place
But not too bad because then I will be just as bad as them
So yeah
They need to become casting directors and make their OWN damn version of Twilight and quit bitching about Kristen

and as for that PS, I had no idea Emily Browning didn't want to play Bella
That blows my mind @.@
I can see Ellen Page as Bella as well
(Juno was wonderful XD XD XD)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes sense, why should Emily play Bella? For me it would be EXTREMELY irritating if I spent seven years playing roles before finally getting my big break and then becoming super-famous overnight because some author thought I looked similar to one of her characters. She's been known as "Bella" ever since and it sucks for her.

Good thing she didn't, otherwise she would never have been taken seriously. And most of her fans (who haven't even seen her at her best, i.e. Stranded) are retards who have their own Twilight dreams and send her constant messages through IMDB to play Bella. Now she has nothing to do with Bella, but the fangirls are still calling her "my Bella".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Emily could still be taken seriously if she'd accepted the role of Bella in Twilight. It's set to become a multi-million dollar movie series that is bound to be popular because of the legions of fans Twilight already has. If anything, this would have given her even more street cred and she'd become a bigger player on the world stage. At the moment, her roles have been limited and while she's pulled off gems (like Stranded, as you said), there's a lot more out there.

I mean, nobody lost any respect for Colin Firth when he played Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones' Diary. Instead, he was commended for his choice and interest in the role because it "fit". If Emily was the overwhelmingly popular choice for Bella and she ended up playing Bella, that's merely something good for her. Although, with the way she's looking and acting nowadays, I'm glad she didn't accept the role.

And I truly hope Emily never does see her IMDB page. The letters and calls for her to play Bella are extremely embarrassing to read. I can't imagine how much more ridiculous they'd look to the actual girl herself. haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Lil
Weasley Groupie


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3392
Location: flying around the globe with Ash...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh.. Poor Kristen! That is horrible.
Fangirls can be really, really cruel.*

I say its time for the FGM to pull out some big guns.
And shoot 'em.

In the air of course. We only want to scare the mean horrible tryhard fangirls who have never had a read fangirl crush on any other fictional character.

I didn't know that about Emily, either. Well, it was her decision. Good for her. I don't know whether she would be better off having accepted the role or not.














*Paris Hilton? Seriously? What are these fangirls ON?
_________________

Ammy wrote:
It's alright, though, because I have bigger things to worry about than a middle aged man calling himself "Lil" ...Like TMNBs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ammy wrote:

I mean, nobody lost any respect for Colin Firth when he played Mark Darcy in Bridget Jones' Diary. Instead, he was commended for his choice and interest in the role because it "fit".


Colin Firth didn't become world-wide famous through fan-art and casting speculation. Emily, on the other hand has. And now she's Australia's own Lindsay Lohan, with the drugs, smoking, alcohol and sex with multiple partners (apparently). She also doesn't sign fans autographs anymore, because it is a 99.9% chance that it's a Twilight fan who wants her to be Bella and has only seen one of her movies (the obvious; A Series of Unfortunate Events), so now a lot of people think she is a drug-addicted bitch, she has a lot of haters on IMDB now, sort of mixes with the hyped-up, crazy fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's disappointing she's gone down that path. I don't want to speculate on the sex with multiple partners thing because there's no way we could know it's true, and even if it is, that's her choice. I don't want to judge.

But she seriously doesn't sign autographs because it might be a Twilight fan?! That's extreme. haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few things from IMDB:

Quote:
face it. has she ever answered back to any fan mail?!

exactly. just stop looking her up and feeding her ego if she doesnt even appreciate it.


Quote:
good. I think its better she doesn't give a *beep* about the fans. She'll live a more peaceful life. I still dig her.


Quote:
Exactly how many letters from creepy 40 year old stalkers do you think that she got through before she just stopped reading her fan mail? I'm guessing it's probably somewhere around three. Sorry that she didn't take you up on your invitation to come visit you in your mother's basement.


Quote:
LOL yeah she is a terrible signer and I get the feeling she's not into her fans much, I have heard of so many terrible fan encounters, maybe some of them are made up by ill-wishers but I don't believe so because I've heard so much more bad stuff than any other actress. I'm not really a fan though.


Quote:
Johnny Depp doesn't care about fan attention and doesn't talk to fans or sign autographs and he is great.

Tom Cruise loves people asking for autographs and spends time talking about himself to fans and he is awful.

Some people don't like the idea of too much fan attention because they want to lead a normal life and maybe this is the same for Emily. Doesn't mean she doesn't care about her fans.


Quote:
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

Johnny Depp is great with his fans! He always poses with them on set and at premiers!

its true, Emily Browning got her fame too early. she seems like a B I T C H


Quote:
She doesn't answer fan mail for her own personal reasons, it doesn't mean she doesn't care about her fans.

Face it, most of her 'fans' are retarded and over obsessive, especially the recent ones that have their new found Twilight wet dreams. If it's not obvious why she doesn't like most of her fans that I don't know what is.


Quote:
I think Emily hates me :*-(
I still love her, and Pizzly says that he still loves Emily too. Pizzly is my stuffed white grizzly. Pizzly the Grizzly. Hes my best friend. We go downtown and pick up bitches and they ask "WTF you bring stuffed animal with you?" Pizzly no like them either. He using them for the sex. Enough beer and they think Pizzly Tom Cruise but not so insane. Btw Bittertaste Pizzly wants to know what you are wearing?


... Shocked

Quote:
She answered to my message.

I guess she just doesn't like you.


Quote:
You can only reply to so much fan mail if you want to have a career and a social life as well. It takes up time but I'm sure she does appreciate it.


Quote:
Okay seriously I don't care about any of you either, how can you care about someone you never met, I'm sure she is nice to her fans, if you ever meet her but why would she care, How could she care about someone she doesn't know send her a photo them maybe she can care and call the cops.


Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of those fans sound understanding, thank god.

But Pizzly the Grizzly... Shocked

I understand who you're saying about a lot of her fame coming from Twilight, a project she hasn't even WORKED ON. It must be pretty demeaning for most of your fan base to like you for something you don't have any interest in doing.

I saw Emily on an episode of Spicks and Specks last year. I think it was around... July? Something like that. She still looked like the sweet girl we all have a memory of in ours minds. Now she looks gaunt and hollow. I hope she can get out of this hole soon. It'll make her life so much better and people will stop regarding her as a teen star gone wild.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, she basically is a teen-star gone wild / scene queen wannabe now. I was speaking about her not so long ago to one of my friends, only to find out he only knew her because he has pictures of her naked/shirtless at some party on his computer... Shocked And she doesn't have the look that suits a lip-piercing.

Yes, I saw that Spicks and Specks episode. That's the one where she said Jim Carey was a psycho, wasn't it? She was great back then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that's insane! What is going on with her? Agh. I really hope she doesn't keep up with this crazy shit.

And yes, that was the Spicks and Specks episode. I loved her back then as well. It's just sad when you see where she seems to be headed. (Repeat: Do not want her to become a Lindsay Lohan)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it sucks, but I think she's already become a Lindsay Lohan. Australia's Lindsay Lohan.

On Kristen, apparently she has read Twilight. I hope she sparks some character into the character (yeah, that sounds weird I know).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She only accepts roles she's genuinely invested in! That just gives me so much hope for the movie and her portrayal of Bella. She mentioned somewhere that she has read Twilight, although I can't remember where, and I am so glad.

I think that in some ways the movie may do what Stephenie could not. A good deal of the book involved rainy days and Bella sitting at home thinking of Edward. They'd obviously have to condense these scenes in the movie, so the first part of book could pass more quickly in the film. That way, James' entry and the subsequent events could seem less rushed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Lil
Weasley Groupie


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3392
Location: flying around the globe with Ash...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh, I didn't know Kristen had read Twilight! That does give me more hope, actually. I know exactly what you mean with the movie making the story more... interesting? than the book. I think interesting is the wrong word. But you guys know what I mean.

Twilight was good, obviously, but I did get fairly sick of the descriptions of Edward and everything being green and Edward and Bella not being good enough and Edward.. At least the movie can easily represent these things without the constant repetition. Does that make sense? Like, we will all be able to see how good-looking and perfect Edward is without Bella's constant description. This also works with the scenery; it will be green, so no more descriptions. I definately think the movie will allow the story to flow better, IF it is done correctly.

On the Emily thing... I haven't really heard many of these stories. I guess I'm just pretty ignorant to celebrity lifestyle. It kind of just sounds like she is living her teenage-life (maybe a bit mor extreme than others) but in the limelight. Not that I'm condoning it or anything, but she does deserve a little slack, at least. None of us know what it is like to either be a) her or b) famous. She is dealing with it ... just badly. I agree with you though. I hope she fixes herself soon... She has so much potential!
_________________

Ammy wrote:
It's alright, though, because I have bigger things to worry about than a middle aged man calling himself "Lil" ...Like TMNBs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course she deserves some slack. But I also think that with fame comes responsibility. That probably sounds clich├ęd, but really, you do have to control yourself if there's going to have some form of media attention on you. Sure you want to act like a teenager and be wild or whatnot, but she's been in the acting business for quite some time now. She should now that there's always going to be a different set of rules for her.

I'm not saying it's fair, but if acting is her career then she should try to control herself a little. Her appearance and reputation directly affects her job, and looking like a drugged up teenager really isn't going to help her in the long run.

I would have thought that Emily would have a relatively easier time dealing with stardom. She's a star, yes, but a relatively unknown one. People aren't going to camp outside her house in order to take photos of her whenever she comes outside, she isn't followed by paparazzi... She should be able to live a fairly normal life. I might be wrong here, but that just seems logical.

Emily should be able to live a little.
Just minus the drugs and public nakedness. heh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Lil
Weasley Groupie


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3392
Location: flying around the globe with Ash...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Exactly what I was trying to say, but failing to do so.

Thanks Ammy-wa.
_________________

Ammy wrote:
It's alright, though, because I have bigger things to worry about than a middle aged man calling himself "Lil" ...Like TMNBs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, you're welcome.
The FGM supports each other like that.

Ahh, Kristen Stewart, Kristen Stewart. I'm feeling giddy about her casting all over again. She's such an unconventional actress! Think of the depth she could give Bella!
I mean... sure, Bella has character. But Kristen is an entirely different thing, yet she's kind of the same! ...Yes? I make no sense. But I guess I'm trying to say that Kristen, her voice, and her "different" look would be so fun to watch! Because she'd put a bit of herself into Bella, and I can't wait to see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they get rid of the clusminess thing. It isn't realistic for someone as elegant and sporty as Kristen to be falling all over the place. What do you mean by unconventional actress though, in the way she acts or looks? She has a deep voice, which will also be different from Bella.

And as for Emily, the thing for her is that she didn't NEED to become like Britney or Lindsay, she never seemed like the sort of girl that would rock into the party-life that way, she was always more quiet. And she had a supportive family, what happened to her doesn't make sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Lil
Weasley Groupie


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3392
Location: flying around the globe with Ash...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Bella we will all like? Impossible!

Hehe
_________________

Ammy wrote:
It's alright, though, because I have bigger things to worry about than a middle aged man calling himself "Lil" ...Like TMNBs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of Kristen's appearance and her voice! I love her voice. It's so real. And I agree. In my mind, the clumsiness and Kristen thing doesn't work out, but it's a big part of Bella's character and it lands her in a few tough situations, so they'll probably have to keep it, I think.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
Izzy_The_Goddess
Another Cable


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 2248
Location: ...I thought you had the map?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine Kristen going all faint and hitting the floor several times throughout the movie either - it was ridiculous how many times Bella fainted because she saw Edward. Or dropped to the floor. Or tripped somewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Ammy
Edward's Secret Lover


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 3762
Location: over there! haha, tricked you, fools

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, true true. It made her a more relatable character though, I'm sure. Even if I haven't fallen in public or nearly chopped my hand off as many times as she has.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Author Message
feellikethenight
Innovator


Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: travelling the world with Lil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when did Bella nearly chop her hand off?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Simply Addicted Forum Index -> Movie Talk All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2007-2008 Informe.com. Get Free Forum Hosting
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
 :: 
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign